What is Homeopathy?
- Homeopathy is a holistic system of medicine -your mental, emotional and physical symptoms are treated as a whole and connected.
- As a homeopath, I understand symptoms and disease to be an imbalance. When an injury, illness, traumatic situation or stress impacts your health this can create an imbalance.
- The aim of homeopathic treatment is to bring balance on all levels and relieve your symptoms naturally, safely and gently.
Homeopathy has three main principles:
- “Totality of symptoms” – I observe and consider all your symptoms on all levels – physical, mental and emotional, as disease indicates a disharmony of the whole person.
- “Similar cures similar” – Your characteristic symptoms will similarly match the symptoms of your prescribed homeopathic remedy, this in turn stimulates an innate healing response.
- “Minimum dose” – Homeopathic remedies are highly diluted leaving only a minute amount of the original substance. I will only prescribe a minimal amount of a remedy and a single remedy at a time – just enough to produce a healing response to relieve your symptoms.
- Homeopathic remedies are made from natural substances, highly diluted and potentized for a deep acting natural effect.
- Homeopathic remedies are effective in treating chronic conditions, acute, first aid, in pre and post surgery, during pregnancy, birth, post natal, and palliative care.
- The remedies are gentle acting and have no harmful side effects. This makes them suitable and beneficial during pregnancy, for infants, children and the elderly.
- Homeopathic medicines are designed to stimulate your body’s own natural healing ability.
- The remedies are effective in relieving symptoms of the mind, emotions and body.