What to expect
- You will be requested to fill out a health history form.
- Prior to treatment, your health history will be discussed with your therapist.
- Your therapist will explain how to prepare for the treatment.
- Your therapist will leave the room.
- You will disrobe to your comfort level.
- Your therapist will re-enter when you are ready and the session will begin.
- At the end of your treatment, your therapist may choose to discuss home care or remedial exercises. Subsequent treatment duration and frequency can be determined together with your therapist.
- In the hours following a massage treatment, it is recommended to rest or restrict your activity, drink plenty of fluids and if you have the opportunity, to have a hot bath. These will enhance the relaxation benefits you have received.
- It is not uncommon to feel slight discomfort or tenderness after a treatment within a 12-24 hour period. If you have concerns, please contact the clinic or your therapist.